Conditions - Regulation - COVID-19 safe events
Buyer Hospitality Conditions
1) EMI - Eureka MICE International Ltd (as defined herein below Eureka MICE International) is delighted to host in its Workshops and Events Promoters and Organizers who adhere to the requirements below and have expressly requested to take part in the event, in order to evaluate solutions for their events proposed by qualified representatives of selected destinations, locations and agencies.
2) By submitting his profile, the applicant is agreeing to the Buyer Hospitality Condition terms as set out below.
3) Free hospitality is given according to the terms indicated below and it is referred to: flights, transfers to/from the airport where the event is due to take place and accommodation will be provided by Eureka MICE International during the event dates.
4) It is responsibility of each hosted buyer to ensure that he can travel on the dates he has selected and that he has the necessary and valid travel documentation (passport, visas if applicable, negative PCR Test for Covid-19 no later than 72 hours before his arrival). Travel to and from his local airport is not included and will not be reimbursed.
5) Hospitality and the status of Daily Buyer and Hosted Buyer are not transferable.
6) Acceptance of the application will be confirmed by email. Eureka MICE International reserves the right to decline any applications without reason.
7) As a participating buyer, applicant agrees to undertake his provided set of supplier meetings and any departure from the published schedule will require the prior consent of Eureka MICE International.
8) If an Hosted buyer attends an event, such cancellations may also entail financial implications for which he would be held responsible. He will be liable to pay the cancellation fee of 500 Euros. The only exception to this will be if he can find a suitable replacement or attend his meetings, subject to Eureka MICE International's approval. In this instance, he may be charged the cost for the replacement delegate's flight or, when possible, the name change fee on his original flight ticket. It is advisable to purchase travel insurance against cancellation for unforeseen circumstances.
9) Event format & content: When available, the format and content of the events will be displayed on the website.
10) Eureka MICE International reserves the right to make changes to the event format and content. Should the event format change Hosted buyers attendance will remain unchanged and they will still be committed to attend all their meetings.
11) Eureka MICE International is not responsabile for any inconvenience caused by changes, suspensions, reschedule or cancellation of trips by flight or rail carrier. Eureka MICE International is not responsible for any loss of baggage.
12) Eureka MICE International is not responsible for the acts which caused the damage for the following reasons:
- the act or the fault are attributable to the Hosted Buyer;
- the act or the fault are attributable to third parties connected or not connected to the services provided to the Buyer or they are unforeseeable or inevitable:
- the act or the fault are attributable to natural disasters or acts of God out of Eureka MICE International’s control including (but not limited to): acts of war, revolts, riots, inevitable technical problems connected to transport, airports, terrorist acts, natural or nuclear disasters, fires, pandemic, infections, diseases, or adverse weather conditions, unforeseeable events.
Each Buyer is responsible for his/her own safety and for caring about personal objects. A suitable insurance policy is recommended.
13) Unforeseeable events: Eureka MICE International and its consultants/partners are not responsible for any damage due to cancellation, postponement or shortening, in toto or in part, of the event owing to reasons not dependant on their control. At the same time Eureka MICE International and its consultants/partners are not responsible for loss, damage or delay due to acts of war, thefts, plundering, acts of terrorism, civil disorders, strikes, military activities or other circumstances in which it should be impossible to Eureka MICE International to guarantee the event in the scheduled period and location.
14) Eureka MICE International reserves the right to change the scheduling of the event.
15)Eureka MICE International cannot be responsible for any dispute with the hosting Country, its sponsors or other bodies related to any aspect of the event capable to cause damage to the Hosted Buyer.
16) By filling in Buyer Profile applicants agree to allow Eureka MICE International to electronically retain the business data, contact details & personal information within his database, as well as publishing the company profile on the digital catalogue. The contact details will be shared only with the suppliers have a pre-scheduled meeting during the event.
17) The Hosted Buyer gives Eureka MICE International the consent to publish photos/videos of him/herself taken during the event.
The court of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the terms and conditions mentioned above.
N.B.: This document is an integral part of the application form for the event selected. A signed Application form sent by the Buyer means total acceptance of all clauses quoted in this document. The Hosted Buyer also accept to receive communication such as newsletter from Eureka MICE and its partners.
Buyer hospitality regulations
1) Free hospitality as Hosted Buyer at the event is offered to Professional Players representing the Demand (MICE agency, Incentive Houses, Tour Operators, Travel Designers, Communication Agencies, Wedding Planners, Outgoing Agencies) who are decision makers with authority over their company’s event
portfolio, are planning a specific event programming, and are interested in Mediterranean destinations, for which reason they are interested to take part
in the event.
2) Event organizers who, possessing the necessary requirements as indicated in point 1, wish to ask for free participation as Daily Buyer or Hosted Buyer,
have to duly fill in the Application Form in every part (at the risk of the document not being accepted).
Compilation of the Application Form does not guarantee automatic acceptance.
The Application Form will be submitted to the Organizing Secretariat, which will select among the requests according to the following criteria:
a.1) Features of the planning activity that is the subject of the request of participation in the Workshop, that must fulfil the minimum requirements as indicated.
a.2) Place availability.
a.3) “Matching”: correspondence between the technical features of programmed events (as proposed by the Buyer) and feature offerings of Suppliers taking part in the event.
a.4) Rotation criteria.
3) Specifically, the hospitality of buyers is regulated as follows.
a) Two-way travel: flight or railway ticket in economy class bought by the Hosted Buyer and reimbursed by Eureka MICE according to the predefined tables based on departure areas.
b) Should the Hosted Buyer decide to use private car, fuel and toll costs will not be refunded. Parking costs are not refunded.
c) Hotel accommodation in B/B basis in double used as single room for the scheduled nights.
d) Participation in the scheduled official evenings, dinners, working-lunches, transfers, excursions and any sightseeing.
4) Flight tickets are nominal and not transferable. Baggage allowance is indicated by the flight carrier. Any extra cost will be charged at the Buyer’s expense.
5) Hosted Buyers are required to pay all expenses which are not expressly indicated and in particular:
a) extras and any personal expenses, to be paid before departure;
b) any upgrade concerning hotel room or travel (flight and/or railway);
c) any extension of stay (this might be required to the Hosted Buyer Office which can try to obtain special tariffs)
d) travel insurance;
e) parking expenses
6) The granting of free hospitality to the Buyer is offered only in accordance with the following conditions:
a) Respect the meetings scheduled with Suppliers as assigned by the Organizing Secretariat.
b) Prohibition to modify the schedule of meetings by anticipating or postponing them at all.
c) On-time participation in:
a.4) B2B Meetings as assigned by the Organizing Secretariat;
b.4) Presentations of the Suppliers, expressly organized and assigned on the basis of the indications provided by the Buyer in the profiling phase.
c.4) Transfers and events as indicated in the program.
7) It is strictly prohibited during the entire period of your stay (from your arrival to your departure) to meet / receive non-accredited operators at the event, participate in third-party programs or initiatives (such as site inspections) not included in the program of the event for which you are hosted.
8) The lack of compliance with even a single condition referred to in the previous point determines the immediate forfeiture of the status of "Guest" and consequently commits the Buyer to the payment of the participation fee of € 500.00 and any additional product accessory cost at the bottom of the list, which will be simultaneously withheld from the credit card as a guarantee.
9) Credit card details will be required to the Hosted Buyer as guarantee of flight ticket, hotel accommodation, on site services.
10) A security deposit of 500.00 euro will be charged, to be unlocked at the end of the workshop.
11)Credit card details are mandatory for registration.
12) Penalty fees will be applied as follows:
a) In case of cancellation of participation after the issuing of the ticket, the Hosted Buyer will not be reimbursed for the ticket
b) In case of cancellation 20 days before the beginning of the event, the Buyer will be charged for Hotel accommodation
c) If Hosted Buyer fails to attend all or part of scheduled appointments, presentations or social events, he will have to pay the Hotel accommodation, the travel ticket and all the services scheduled according to the program.
d) The above mentioned fees will be charged on the credit card provided by the Hosted Buyer once the confirmation of participation is received.
13) Hospitality is given, as specified below, for the number of days required for the undertaking of programmed appointments:
For promoters and organizers having a limited number of meetings ( till 10 meetings) on the same day, who do not need hotel accommodation, the Hospitality includes:
Workshop attendance, organizational support for appointments and the agenda, customized documentation, reserved access to the Workshop website, assistance of Eureka MICE International staff, working lunch, buvette.
For promoters and organizers adhering to the requirements below, hotel accommodation will be provided for one or more nights in relation to their scheduled program of appointments. Hospitality includes:
Workshop attendance, organizational support for appointments and the agenda, customized
documentation, reserved access to the Workshop website, assistance of Eureka MICE International staff, working lunch, buvette.
2) Hotel accommodation in the best 4 or 5 star Hotels in the host destination, in B&B.
3) All lunches and dinners, official events, visits and excursions as scheduled by the general program within the period of stay.
4) Shuttles and transfers according to the program.
COVID-19 SAFE EVENTS
Eureka MICE International are committed to keeping his guests safe at all his events. Here’s what they need to know about the safety measures Eureka MICE International are taking in 2021 and beyond:
Do I need a Covid-19 PCR test to attend an in-person event?
All attendees, including local partners, will require a negative PCR covid-19 test (at their own cost) to access the event. However, Eureka MICE International will organise a test onsite for all attendees (if required).
If a covid test result is positive before departure, or if there are any unforeseen last-minute travel restrictions, affected attendees will be given the opportunity to attend their meetings virtually. However, social and networking activities will not be accessible virtually.
For hosted buyers, normal cancellation fees for reasons other than a positive Covid test will apply.
This policy may be subject to change based on local or international health guidance.
How is Eureka MICE International ensuring proper cleaning & hygiene?
At all Eureka MICE International’s 2021 events, attendees can expect to find additional hand-washing and sanitising stations, including at any entrances, catering areas and within toilet facilities. The Organization will also be working closely with our event partners to make sure effective hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times, with enhanced focus on high-touch areas, such as door handles, elevators, restrooms and food & beverage stations.
What about social distancing?
We know a good handshake can speak 1,000 words but for now, we’re respectfully asking our attendees to avoid shaking hands at our events
Pandemic or not, no one likes to feel crowded, so we’ve taken all the necessary steps to ensure no one’s style is being cramped, including one-way systems, social distancing signage, staggered entry, perspex screens, and mandatory face coverings in designated spaces.
How about protection and detection?
Should the need arise, our team will collaborate with local health authorities to trace and contact all event attendees. Quick communication is key, so we’ll encourage all attendees to provide their most current contact details and use the latest updates for any communication apps.
What if I have more questions about COVID-19 and Eureka MICE International’s events?
We’re here to put your mind at ease, so don’t be shy - with our team and we’ll be happy to explain our health and safety plans in more detail with you.